Thursday, May 27, 2010

I get by with a little help from my friends...

I listen to Kevin & Bean on KROQ on my morning commute to work. Yesterday, Ralph from the show re-touched upon a story from 18 months ago where he and his wife witnessed a horrific hit and run pedestrian accident. A mother and daughter walking their 2 dogs were struck while crossing the street. The driver never slowed down and has not been apprehended to date. Anabelle, the mother and her daughter had extensive bone and nerve damage and one of their dogs was killed instantly.



Due to the accident, Anabelle, a single mother, has lost her home, her job and has accumulated thousands of dollars in hospital bills. Her bones have still not healed and she is confined to a wheelchair. KROQ is asking their listeners for any type of help possible for this family whether it's monitary or legal advice or in prayer. They will also be holding fundraisers over the next few months to help any way possible. I've attached the link below so you can read more about Anabelle's situation. There is also a paypal link for donations.



This story has really affected me. This could have been anyone of my loved ones. This could have been me. I sat in my car with tears running down my cheeks. It's so easy to forget that there is always someone out there who is dealing with more than you are. This morning I donated what I could and plan on continuing the donations as long as possible...even while planning a wedding...and expecting a baby. There are just some things in life that are bigger than you. I wanted to pass along this story to you, Friends. Please continue passing it along on your blogs and Facebook...every little bit of awareness helps!

http://kroq.radio.com/2010/05/26/please-help-a-true-victim/



No comments:

Post a Comment